It tastes like chicken noodle soup. But… at least it’s tasty chicken noodle soup…?
Yesterday, Jade made a wonderful Asian chicken dish, and I thought I would see what I could whip up in exchange. No one ever accused me of being a great chef, but let’s see what I put together!
Chicken Udon Noodle PHỞ GÀ Soup
For this dish, I used:
- Two packages (400g) Udon noodles
- One package of Pho Ga seasoning cubes
- 2 liters of water
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 green onions
- 2 red chilies
- 1 tbsp chili oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Soft boiled egg
The dish was quite simple to make, perfect for that late night snack/meal when you’re too lazy to get out of your pj’s.
- Start a big pot of water boiling.
- Cut the onions into rings and the chicken into very thin slices. Pro tip: Freeze the chicken breasts ahead of time and use a sharp knife to cut the frozen breasts. You’ll get a super thin cut that way!
- Fry the chicken in oil for a few minutes, seasoning with a bit of pepper.
- Once the chicken is cooked sufficiently, add all of the onions, the chilies, and the soy sauce and cook them for just a bit.
- In the meantime, add the pho bullion to the boiling water and let that dissolve.
- Cook the udon noodles per the packaging.
- Transfer the whole chicken and onion mixture to the pot and boil for a bit longer, adding the chili oil.
- Serve with coriander leaves and a soft boiled egg!